Butter Chicken Pizza
Servings: 4 Prep time: 20 minutes Ready in: 35 minutes
Ingredients (print recipe)
- ½ cup (125 mL) Butter Chicken Sauce (sauce is sold at most grocery stores)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Plain Yogurt
- 1 each (170 g) Chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) Garlic, minced (or less if garlic is not a favorite OR roast it first)
- ¼ tsp (1.25 mL) Salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) Spinach
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Red onion, sliced
- 24 each Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup (250 mL) cheese (whatever you like, divided)
- 1 Pre-made Pizza Crust
- 1 tbs of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Mix three Tablespoons of the sauce with the pieces of chicken, reserving the rest for the assembly of the pizza. Cover and marinate the chicken for 15 minutes.
3. Add 1 tbs of olive oil to a pan and heat over medium heat. Add the marinated chicken and cook until just done; about 5 minutes.
4. Spread the reserved sauce over the pizza crust. Sprinkle with ½ cup of the cheese. Layer the spinach, onion, cherry tomatoes (cut side up), and cooked chicken. Top with the remaining ½ cup of cheese.
5. Bake directly on the oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes at 425 F. Remove from the oven and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes before cutting into slices.
Don’t like spinach or onions? Simply replace them with your favorite toppings. Mushrooms and black olives work just as well.