Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients (print recipe)
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter/or salted if this is all you have, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips or chunks cut off of a semi sweet bakers bar. I use both, I use the chips in the batter and then I put some chunks on the top
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
Place the butter in the bowl using a mixer with a paddle attachment and beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugars and continue mixing, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and the vanilla extract, mix well.
Add half of the flour and mix until just combined. Add the remaining flour, again mixing until just combined. Take the bowl from the stand and gently mix in the chocolate chips and or chocolate chunks.
Using a scoop, spoon the dough onto a baking sheet. I always use parchment paper when making cookies; it makes for a nice crisp bottom and more consistent cooking. Make sure you leave at least 2 inches between each cookie. Bake in the middle rack of the oven until the cookies are lightly golden brown and still soft in the middle, about 10-12 minutes. Let cookies rest for a few minutes on the baking sheet then move them to a baking rack with a spatula. Let the cookies cool for just a bit on the baking rack and then get a cold cup of milk and enjoy while they are still warm.