Ingredients (print recipe)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into thinish slices
- 1 frozen pizza dough, thawed or your own homemade dough!!!! or just buy the shells pre-made or……..
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- seasoning salt on the potatoes if you dont use salt and pepper. Seasoning salt is so good.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesean or pecorino cheese (optional)
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- sour cream, optional…actually…I have decided that this is not optional.
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and pat dry. I have used a microwave to do this as well.
- Unroll dough onto a 14-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter with garlic; brush over dough.
- Arrange potato slices in a single layer over dough; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheeses and bacon. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream if desired. This is a must actually.