Just For The Munchies
Nothing satisfies my craving like a salty sweet taste treat. It recently occurred to me that I have never blogged about this yumminess that I make because I thought it was a little too simply, easy, *gasp* unsophisticated. Not anymore my fellow foodies. I am going to show you have to make the easiest snack ever that will soothe and satisfy your deepest longings for crunch, chocolate, caramel, salt, and occasional loneliness. So here we go. You will need:
- Pretzels- any kind will do but I like using the small ones or the square ones.
- A couple packs of Rollo’s
- A bag of halved pecans
That is your ingredient list…now for the complicated part.
- Unwrap Rollo’s
- Place as many pretzels on a cookie sheet that you want to eat. Now be careful here…you WILL eat them all, rather quickly, no matter what you tell yourself. Think it through carefully.
- Place a Rollo on each pretzel. Try to aim for the center. Eat a snack before making them, or you may not be as sure handed. Or worse, the Rollo’s won’t make it to the pretzels.
- Place a halved pecan on top of the Rollo, that is now on top of the pretzel. Take your time, your tray of goodies isn’t going anywhere.
- Place cookie sheet into a pre-heated oven of 350 degrees. Wait for 3-5 min. I know, an eternity when your hungry….but I did say to have a snack first…a banana is a good choice.
- When the Rollo’s looks soft and gooey, take the cookie sheet out of the oven and press each pecan down into the Rollo. You are now squishing the Rollo with the pecan.
- Now…let them cool. Yes…let them cool. I even put mine in the fridge after they have been out of the oven for ten minutes. If you are desperate…eat more banana.
- When cooled ….place them on a plate and begin eating. Depending on your mood, you may want to make them while no one is around so you are not guilted into sharing.
There you have it. The easiest, most pleasing little snack around.
Okay, I have also made these yummy morsels with those little peanut butter cups. You just need to do bake them separately from the Rollo ones because they take only 1-2 minutes.